Knowing Better and of Dashed Hopes

I really ought to know better. I know I shouldn't believe a word out of anyone's mouth. Ever. Because people lie. And they lie for many different reasons. They lie because they feel obligated to "help out" and then panic when someone accepts. They lie because they think they might be able to do something for you, but really can't. Or maybe they lie just because they like to watch you squirm when you find out what was promised ain't happening.


I don't fucking like squirming.


As it turns out, this Britney individual WON'T be giving me a ride home tomorrow. So now it's a mad dash to see if my boyfriend can give me a lift tonight (how last minute of me) or hopefully harass someone into doing it Friday, if it doesn't conflict with their schedule.


Because the more I think about it, the more depressed I am at the idea of sitting here by myself for a whole weekend. I NEED to relax. I NEED to recuperate. I have exams most of next week and I just can't orient myself unless I can escape for a little while. Seriously. 


Because I hate this place. I'm SO READY for Winter Break. 

Comments

Popular Posts