Hey, baby!


You know what I love about the cold months of Autumn and Winter? Bundling up and packing away any and all physical "assets". This is the only time out of the year when I am not cat-called on a regular basis. Finally, I can slip into a cozy pea coat, tug on some warm sweat pants (without feeling too hick) and kick on my boots. Once I go out in an ensemble like this, I'm invisible.

I've talked to other girls who experience the same thing. Guys are much less likely to screech at a woman across the street if she's all bundled up in a poofy coat and a scarf. I wore my new winter coat this week and despite it being of a feminine cute and featuring a ruffled hem, not a word was cast my direction. It was blissful.

Makes me long for prolonged coldness and a permanent departure from the unbearable summer months of short shorts and exposed cleavage. Ugh.

Comments

  1. This is so true. Last summer my head was about to explode from all the stares and cat calling and harassment. I was bursting with hate.
    But we shouldn't be happy to be all wrapped in clothing so that jerks stop bothering us: I should be happy to wear my fishnet stockings and my tutu, and they should definitely stop with the harassment. I have the right to expose my cleavage and my legs without having to face this assholes all the time.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts