Nihongo ni Youkoso!

So, in my JP 101 class, we've mastered hiragana, katakana, and now up to 30 different kanji. Most of which I can read with a fair amount of ease. Writing them is a bit trickier of course, because you must deal with stroke order and when you have to make several very tiny strokes....well...

But still, I am enjoying my learning experience immensely. I also have an oral exam in JP tonight, which I will be reviewing shortly. All you have to do is recite a small piece of dialogue for the professor. So it mostly comes down to memorization. In the bag....yup.


I also have a poem analysis essay due tomorrow, which I'll likely work on tonight. The poem I chose for this essay is The Reaper and the Flowers by Henry Wadsworth Longfellow. Very few poems I actually find interesting, but this was one of them. If you haven't read it yet, I suggest you check it out. Azam Ali has a lovely musical version of this on Youtube, that I also recommend.

So like I said, that's due tomorrow. Anyone interested in reading such an analysis?

I have chapter two of my Beetlejuice fanfiction up online now too. If any of you are interested in reading or following along, here's the link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8664191/1/The-Only-Exception

Also, I allow anonymous reviews, so please off your criticism or praise, respectively. I think I need some motivation to keep me going. I don't write much anymore, so I've really been stretching my literary legs here.





Comments

Popular Posts