Will the real Goth please stand up?



Occasionally I take a perusal through these silly teen girl/fashion community websites and on Gurl.com I came across this lovely little gem of a web comic. Rachel the Great has her own site where she uploads a lot of her quaint little comics, many of which are related to alternative subcultures in one way or another. 

This one, while submitted a LONG time ago, still seems to ring true today, considering the current proliferation in mainstream fashion of skulls, spikes, and studs. I suggest having a look at it and seeing if you get from it what I did.

That all alternative cultures are full of elitists, noobz, and poseurs, but also that everyone "wears" it their own way and that doesn't make one better than the other. Anyways, I thought it was cute and still relevant, so let me know what you think! 


Comments

  1. I'm one of those who are happy to see things I like in the shops. Not so happy to see them at twice the price (already too high) I could find them in goth shops, though :/

    ReplyDelete
  2. The nice thing is when this stuff is no longer trendy is goes on sale for SUPER cheap. That's usually when I hit up the clearance racks at all the local boutiques! <3

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts