Late Night Sessions #1

I'm a weird sort - I don't sleep much anymore (unless the sun's up *hissss*) and so I find myself doing some odd things on the internet at night. I figure if I'm going to be awake, I can do some blogging - mostly personal stuff and just venting. I seem able to coherently organize my shit when it's around 1 am or so....

I feel like I'm at the halfway point in my college career. At least, I hope I am. I'm entering my third year of university at the end of the month and even though I'm STILL working on generals, I've also  got a great start on most of my major courses. I'm really excited for both Syntax and Creative Writing: Poetry. The other two on my list are just freshman level generals - mostly because I never got around to taking them and the advisers told me I should probably get them over with. So I will, because they're easy.

So in addition to a middle point in the my current life chapter I feel as though I'm having one of many identity crises. These hit me from time to time and that's usually when I have to stop and reevaluate if I'm forcing myself into "boxes" or not. And lately....I kind of am. I'm a pretty multifaceted individual - I can dig that, but sometimes I feel like I try to fit myself more into one subculture over everything else. Like my recent UBER GOTH kick - there's still a big part of me that identifies as Goth but you'd never know it looking at me.

These days I'm completely in love with the Mori and Dolly Kei styles. I guess I just love the muted colors, vintage prints, and ruffly layers - perfect for Autumn. I'm listening to a lot of Kyary Pamyu Pamyu and LMFAO ( completely random, I know ) and doing a lot of DIY decor. Currently, this just feels...right. So I'm going with it.

I guess I do go in spurts with my little identities, but that's fine because each one of them is a valid piece of my personality. So I'll just roll with it.

One thing I feel really bad about not doing this summer is keeping up with my Japanese studies. I mean, I tried a bit in the beginning and then my brain just kind of melted. I'm going to have to do some MAJOR refreshing on what I've already learned before purchasing and starting the Genki II book. Which I WILL do.

I'm terrible at motivation. Heh. Goodnight.

Comments

  1. What gen eds do you still have? And don't worry I'm in my technical 3rd year and I've still got a science ged ed and a math one. But I kinda just shyed away from them since I hate them both...hah.

    and, wear what ever you want. I label myself as goth but I don't make it a curse. If I feel like purple shirt and blue jeans I'll do it, even if it's not 'fully goth' then it's still me and I'm a goth. Make sense? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right, totally makes sense. Even if I'm wearing a fluffy pink dress I'm still a freakin' weirdo underneath. ^_^

      As far as classes, mostly the "humanities" - you know the classes they make you take about racism and white-shaming? Yeah, that's a thing here.

      Delete
    2. Boo for the humanities! We have to take them too, but I'm going to take Science Fiction for it at some point. It's a 300 lvl though and I'm not quite sure how that's humanities but I'll take it!

      Delete
  2. I've only just started at university :3 I'm loving it though ^^ Syntax sounds very interesting. I've only had one lecture yet in which it briefly occured, but I don't know if we're going to deal with the subject more in depth or not :3

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts