In the Dust: Substyles that are Not for Me

Sary of The Walrus Room recently created a post about the Goth substyles that just didn't work out for her and I thought I would do something along a similar vein. (I love being inspired by other bloggers!)

Styles I Left In The Dust:

Punk



I'm still a huge fan of punk rock music and the associated styles. I totally dig mohawks (and I'm sort of rocking one these days...) and the assortment of cliche plaid and safety pin adornments. But I just don't have the stamina to throw myself wholeheartedly into the scene or style. I DO incorporate bits and pieces of it though - combat boots, faux leather, etc.

Cyber Goth



This one takes a lot of dedication and I did make an attempt at it several years ago when I owned a pair of colorful dreadfalls. But I was terrible at makeup back then and I just can't do the super thin drawn on eyebrows. They look horrible on me. Same with colors like green, blue, or purple....mostly.

Not to mention, it's expensive.

Deathrock/Trad Goth



I refuse to dye my hair black again (surprisingly dead is not a good look for me...) and I'm far too lazy for all the backcombing. I do enjoy black eye makeup, but I'm terrible at all the sharp angles created with liquid eyeliner.

That and I sort of despise fishnets unless they're on my legs.

Romantic Goth



The gorgeous flowing dresses with Renaissance era long hair is just something I could never pull off. The whole thing reminds me WAY TOO MUCH of larping gone wrong or the kind of people who frequent Ren Faires (which I can only take in small doses.) That and I'm not particularly fond of any era before that of Industrialization. Ancient Egypt excluded, of course.

Comments

  1. I could have sworn I'd already commented on this! But anyway, I'm glad you were inspired.

    Oh gosh do I agree with these. Black doesn't suit my hair tone at all and backcombing takes so much time (hairspray always seems to make my hair sticky rather than hold anything still).

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts