Hair Update: Burgundy

It seems that with every upcoming season, I feel the need to change my hair. Last December I began sporting the pixie in all it's various forms. I had a mohawk for the holidays and dyed it bright red for spring. It was cropped super short for the summer months and now that fall is fast approaching and I've gained a bit of fluffy length on the top, I decided it was time to explore new options.

So I went Burgundy.


I picked this color up at Walmart yesterday for a few dollars and went ahead and put the WHOLE BOTTLE on my hair. We're talking super saturated here, and the results are pretty spectacular.



So here I am at 9 am, still in pajamas and looking a wee bit washed out, but I decided to use my webcam and take some quick snaps of my hair. It's a bit darker than what showed on the box, but I've used this dye before and so I expected that. I like it.

I seem to gravitate towards darker shades during Autumn and Winter - I've been really adoring this burgundy and deep purple leaning. I'm sure once my hair grows out a bit more I might dye it again, but I'm really pleased with this for now.


Comments

  1. This colour looks great, really suits you =] It is a very autumnal colour! Cute hair too - wish I had the buts to change my style - but last time I cut it shorter I just felt wierd until it got long again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, yeah chopping off one's hair can be pretty anxiety ridden and it's not for everyone. But I prefer my hair this way, I actually feel more comfortable with it. :)

      Delete
  2. I love this colour, it really suits you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The colour looks nice on you. It will probably fade a bit over time anyway. After not dyeing my hair for years I ended up recently going copper, then purple (fading to red) and now blue!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When it does fade, my hair will probably be growing out a bit too so I might get this neat ombre effect. Perfect for autumn.

      Blue hair is fun, I did purple in the past but never blue. Maybe that's something to consider for next year....hmmm.

      Delete
  4. It's definitely your colour.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts