An Appropriate End

I do realize that we're barely halfway into October, but I've decided to call it quits on the photo challenge. I'm having a hard time figuring out what exactly fits the themes presented and I have no motivation whatsoever to get dressed these days or wander about with my camera in tow.

As it IS October and the month of things that die, it seems an appropriate spot to just cut ties with the stupid challenge. So what do I plan to do with this useless blog in the interim? No clue.

Can you tell from the first two paragraphs that I'm a positively foul mood today? Blame the mental disorder - it's hitting hard. I have a counseling appointment next week and I'm contemplating bringing some booze and matches to burn the structure down. That's how optimistic I am about things.

I did have the good sense to wonder though if something nasty slipped through the portal recently and decided I would be a good host. For those who don't know, there's a doorway to the spirit world in my laundry room (I kid you not, it's some minor ley-line nonsense) and sometimes things slip through and wreak havoc on the household. The most active time is, of course, right around Halloween.

And it wouldn't be the first time some naughty ghostie-goo tried to play demon possession in my head. I guess a good cleansing might be in order. Better burn some sage.

Until I feel a bit more like myself again, this blog will likely be on hiatus. Hopefully not a permanent one like my Lolita blog (might as well delete that piece of crap) but a break is needed none the less.

I you don't hear from me again before Halloween....go ahead and fear the worst.

Comments

  1. It sucks that you are going through a rough time and I do apologize, I did chuckle at some parts of your post. I also sage to get rid of the nasties and I shield my whole house to keep them out. The veil is at its thinnest this time of the year! Take care of yourself

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry you're feeling bad - I hope it passes soon. Maybe Hallowe'en itself will help?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Spirits occasionally seem to pass through my place; unpleasant ones get chased off, but the ghost of a cat is a welcome resident (I think it belonged to either a previous tenant or a neighbour and I see no point in moving it on if it's happy staying here and does not cause any bother.). Maybe instead of possession, there's a psychic 'clag' that's built up; the cleansing sage will probably help with that. I've noticed that a sort of "psychic feed-back loop" can occur if you've got both unpleasant spirits and emotional problems in the same space, so I'd put a circle/ward around your dorm, and on your door to keep your dorm clear, and avoid any unnecessary trips to the laundry room if it's a hotspot for spirit activity; of course, you still need to clean your clothes, but if it's haunted in a bad way, don't linger.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm....I hadn't thought of it quite like that. Definitely something to consider. Thanks!

      Delete
  4. Take care and burn the sage. But remember that you need to fill you living area with light and love, thats the best way to chase away bad spirits.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts