Halloween Tag!

I haven't officially been tagged for this, but it looks like so much fun so how I could resist. Besides, I haven't exactly been terribly active on this blog for a while and maybe this is just the jump-start that I need!



Questions

1. Favorite Halloween song?
Sarah's song from Hocus Pocus. It's so haunting and pretty. 

2. Witch or Vampire?
Witch, all the way. I find vampires to be quite cliche and as I actually practice witchcraft, I have a much stronger affinity for even the old-fashioned crone depiction. 

3. Favorite thing about Halloween?
It's cold! The branches are bare and twisting up like gnarled fingers to the cosmos. Houses are decorated, stores are decorated. Thrift stores have a ton of cheap decor and vintage clothing to snatch up. Drinking cider becomes infinitely more satisfying. Pumpkin beer! Wearing all black constantly doesn't earn you too many odd stares. Samhain! 

4. Halloween party or scary movie marathon?
Why not both? I love the idea of a spooky dinner party followed by some classic horror films like Dracula, The Bride of Frankenstein or The Mummy. 

5. Skeletons or Zombies?
Skeletons. I find the zombie trope to be a bit overdone these days, but walking and talking skeletons are great. Anyone ever read the Skulduggery Pleasant books? 

6. Favorite Halloween candy?
I don't really have a sweet tooth, but I can stomach some candy corn. I'd rather have soul cakes and pumpkin cider.

7. Favorite Halloween movie?
Hocus Pocus and Beetlejuice. The campier the better. Heck, let's throw in the Addam's Family while we're at it. 

8. Favorite Halloween costume?
Last year's Norse Goddess Hel. I'm hoping to top it this year as Bast. 

9. Favorite Halloween store?
Thrift stores, no lie! 

10. Jack-o-lanterns, yes or no?
Yes, of course. I'm really looking forward to carving one this year, since I haven't done it since I was a child. 

11. Bats or Black Cats?
Black cats. I even have one back home named Shadow.

12. Is Halloween your favorite holiday?
More or less, yeah. 

13. Pumpkin spice latte or hot chocolate?
Can I really choose? Hmm.....latte.


If you see this post and you haven't been tagged by anyone else yet, consider yourself marked. 

Comments

  1. I'm always hesitant to tag folks because not everyone loves filling out surveys as much as I do :p

    Love your answers! Of course vampires are cliche but come on you love campy movies!!! You just need to wind up some vampire chattering teeth and set them on your desk :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to own a black called Shadow too. He passed away of old age a couple of years ago though :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Last year Hel and this year Bast? Wow, you're really ambitious! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts