After the storm blows over....

...there is only the quiet stillness and the aftermath.



There's a full moon tomorrow - the Strawberry Moon or the Strong Moon - it's supposed to herald in a period of vim and vigor, of strong sunshine and reckless abandon.

Which is funny, because I feel anything BUT that, and it seems I'm not the only one. A couple of my fellow tumblr witches have been blogging about how purposeless and useless they feel, too, leading up to this full moon.

I wonder why that is.

In my case it's because I'm coming out of a really nasty sort of manic thing - a short period where I was getting really drunk, self-harming, and generally lashing out at people. But now that it's passed I simply feel - nothing. Numb. Kind of fuzzy. Directionless. Motionless. Suspended in the void, with no end in sight. It's not a pretty mental place to be.

With any luck though, once this full moon passes I'll be able to latch onto the coattails of that vim and vigor it promises and ride my way out of this funk. We'll see.

Comments

Popular Posts