R.I.P. Chester Bennington - 7/20/2017



It's not been a good day.

Between getting caught up on vile asexual discourse on tumblr to just feeling out of sorts and undernourished, the last thing I wanted to come my way was this bit of heart breaking news.

Chester Bennington, vocalist for beloved nu-metal band Linkin Park, committed suicide today. On Chris Cornell's birthday, of all days. No coincidence there - Chester was admittedly really broken up about Chris' suicide a few months ago.

We're losing a lot of really good people in the music industry and this bums me out, but I'm especially torn up about this death because Linkin Park got me through some of the worst years of my life. I was a huge fan as a teenager, and a lot of their lyrical content centered around feelings of self-worth, betrayal, looking for a place to belong, etc. All things I could relate to in my quest to find myself and people I could trust at that age.

Even now, I still really love throwing on Hybrid Theory and screaming along to some of Chester's gut-wrenching growls.

This has not been a good day.

Comments

Popular Posts