“And suddenly you know: It's time to start something new and trust the magic of beginnings.” ― Meister Eckhart



In a few scant hours, the moon is going to waltz across the sky and obscure the brilliance of the sun. From here in Central Minnesota, I won't be able to see a complete eclipse, but the partial view is still going to be pretty spectacular. (By the time you read this, it might already be past!)

This Monday feels like a day of new beginnings and a shift in not only consciousness, but lifestyle. This was my first morning in our new apartment, my first day on the new bus route(s), and the changes are visceral. I began my week-long challenge of only drinking green tea instead of coffee. I have a new kitchen to play around in, and finally bake stuff and make healthier foods.

Last night I went to the Obon Festival at Como Park Zoo and Conservatory, and even amid the heat, humidity, and swarms of festival-goers I still felt reflective - as though some chapter of my life was quietly closing to make way for something new and different. At an event that honors one's past and ancestors, it seemed an appropriate feeling to be having.

Have you noticed any new and significant changes in your life lately?

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts