My Favorite Skin Care Products

I'm not gonna lie, I was definitely a late bloomer when it came to the realm of skin care and personal beauty. I used the same bottle of Clean & Clear Morning Burst facial cleanser for years as a young adult, never bothering to moisturize or tone or even use SPF half the time.

This was the same me who couldn't figure out why people would want to shape their eyebrows or put eyeliner on the waterline...

Yeah, I was special.

Luckily, that's all in the past and these days I'm pretty dedicated to taking care of my skin. On a small budget, I haven't had the opportunity to experiment with a lot of high-end or well known brands, but I do make a point of opting for more natural products. Chances are, if it contains parabens or sulfates I'm not touching it.



Garnier Micellar Water:

I love micellar water - I actually discovered it about a year ago and I swear I'll never look back. For a "Spoonie" like me, it's really great to know that such a simple cleansing product can cover all my bases when I'm too tired or depressed to put myself through a full facial regimen. I like to saturate a cotton pad, swipe it all over my face, and pat in any excess. My face feels fresh and cleansed, and most importantly, hydrated.

My favorite one thus far is the Garnier SkinActive Micellar Cleansing Water - I'm a huge fan of the mattifying one with the green cap.



Simple:

I truly adore this company - they make so many different products and they're all very affordable. I've used their cleansers and moisturizers in the past, but I'd love to try some of their eye creams. I'm always on the hunt for a good eye cream that is hydrating but not greasy.



Formula 10.0.6 Seriously Shine Free Moisturizer:

I have combination skin and my t-zone gets oily and shiny very quickly during the day. While this is the only Formula 10.0.6 product that I've tried, I've been very pleased with the results. My only complaint is that this product is kind of thick and absorbs quickly, so I have to act fast to get an even application on my skin.

Past that, I'm shine free most of the day and that's quite a feat!



Burt's Bees:

What more can I say? They make, hands down, the best lip balms known on earth. I can pronounce all the ingredients on their packaging and understand exactly what I'm putting on my lips, so that's a brand I know I can trust. And now, they make so many different, wonderful flavors of lip balm - I'm hoping I can find their Pumpkin Spice one this year.



e.l.f.:

To be truly fair, I mostly just love the smell of their products - I've used e.l.f. hydrating cleansers and moisturizers - the scent is very light and fresh. That's kind of how my skin feels after using them too. I'm definitely more familiar with their incredibly affordable makeup line, but I'm looking forward to seeing what their future in skin care brings as well.


What are your favorite skin care brands and products? Do you like to try new things or stick to what you know? Tell me all about it in the comments!


Comments

  1. I use Aveeno oatmeal bodywash and moisturiser, my doctor actually recommended it to me because it's really natural and my skin is so sensitive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to use their body lotions too, they always smell so nice!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts