My September Ipsy Glam Bag

This month's glam bag theme is all about being a boss. Or a boss lady, if you feel the need to make gender distinctions - I don't. But the goal this month is to empower women and while I have a hard time seeing how makeup factors into that (feminist grrrl power via makeup is a nasty marketing ploy by the male-dominated beauty industry) - I really love what came in my bag.


So without further adieu, let's jump right into it.








This month's glam bag showed up in the standard pink envelope, unlike August's glam bag which was kind of a one-off gold color and not likely one we'll see again. Not that I mind, the pink foil certainly caught my attention when I got home from work and I knew immediately what it was!

Inside, a lovely black bag with a nice spiky texture and a royal blue lining held the following items:

Two Sheet Masks from Manefit, another Korean beauty brand. The first is a Mugwort Astringent + Pore care and the other is a Lily, Whitening and Brightening mask. I'm not as familiar with Manefit as I am with CLIV, but I'm looking forward to testing these out.

Lights, Camera, LASHES from Tarte, which I wasn't sure I needed since I already got a mascara in my previous glam bag but this one absolutely blows Lancome's Monsieur Big Lash out of the water. The brush size and style make it much easier to apply, the formula isn't too goopy or liquidy, and I felt like it really lengthens my lashes as opposed to clumping on them. I can definitely see myself using this one regularly and if the price is right, I might buy a full size tube once this runs out.

Pixi by Petra is a really nice, warm pink color, and it's called Beach Rose, fittingly enough. I don't normally wear blush since I deal with a tolerable amount of redness on my cheeks as it is, but this one blends really nicely with my finishing powder and the color was really subtle. On the off chance that I do wear a full face of makeup, I will definitely use this one.

Ah, the one I was waiting for and hoping on - the Beauty for Real, I-Line 24-7 eyeliner in black magic. I actually requested this produce when spoilers for the September bag were revealed, so I'm really happy that it actually came in this bag. Naturally, I had to put it on right away (on my water line - the real test!) to see how long it would really hang in there. It's been a few hours now....and let's just say I'm impressed.

Finally, the Photo Finish Radiance Primer from Smashbox - this is my first product from this brand and seeing as it's a highlighting primer with hyaluronic acid in it, I figured this would be the perfect primer to put under my eyes to help conceal dark circles. Oh boy....they were right on the money when they called it "radiance" - I'm not even sure I need to add concealer over it. It's that good.

A shame it's such a small sample size - I might consider using this again in the future.



Are any of my lovely readers IPSY subscribers? Have you received your glam bag yet this month and are you satisfied with everything you received? Let me know in the comments below!

Comments

Popular Posts