Blogstice 2017 - A Year in Review



2017 was an eventful year for a lot of reasons, and some of them less pleasant than others. But for this post, I want to focus on some of the good and memorable things that happened to me this year.

❆ ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆

  • At the beginning of January this year, I started a new job as administrative support for a growing interpreting agency. It was my first real office job where I was able to put my computer skills to work and help out a seriously floundering department.
  • Tyler and I celebrated our second year together in February - we were finally able to afford to go out and eat/drink somewhere nice. 
  • My company moved to a new location and expanded my commute time, but I gained a corner office with three windows - which was a major step up from the basement suite we were previously located in - and a raise. I still kind of miss how janky the old place was though...
  • In August we moved into an apartment that was much more sizeable than our shoe-box studio on Summit Hill. It's still kind of a work in progress, but I'm enjoying the space and the ability to do my laundry without needing a roll of quarters.
  • In the Fall, we hosted a small housewarming party where I made a tasty Autumn Chowder and had apple cider cocktails. It was the first time ever hosting an event like that and I had a fun time with it. 
  • For the first time in years, I've had enough money to pay the bills, rent AND buy holiday gifts for my family. I feel like a real adult who knows how to manage my finances and it's awesome!
  • Last weekend, I hosted a Holiday Cookie Bake event and I swear, I didn't know I could fit that many people in my kitchen. My friend Angie made lefse (it was my first time having it!) and then later I made a few batches of cookies and we screened Die Hard on VHS. It ~is~ the best Christmas film after all.

❆ ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆

What good, wonderful, or amazing things happened to you this year? How do you plan to make 2018 even more memorable?

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts