5 OOTDs: Silver Bells and Holiday Chills

My holiday outfits for 2017:



Winter Solstice



Christmas Eve




Christmas Day




What I Wanted to Wear New Years Eve




What I Actually Wore New Years Eve


Bonus Shot of Awesome Boots:


The holidays this year were insanely cold. As I'm typing this up on January 1st, it is currently 0° F outside my apartment and the wind chill is still pretty dismal. It was much colder last night and on December 25th. So while I had fancied wearing a much more slinky New Years Eve ensemble, the weather was simply not permitting. 

On the Winter Solstice, my work place held a small Cookies and Tea Party for my department and a few people from other sectors also showed up. It was a nice little gathering and a perfect way to low-key celebrate Yule. 

For Christmas Eve, the boy and I went to my mom's place since she was hosting this year. Her home is always very warm, so I felt safe bearing my shoulder in that lovely green frock from Target. I had been drooling over this item for at least a month and I'm very glad that I went ahead and bought it. 

Christmas Day was absolutely frigid, so I opted to wear tights over my new pleated skirt and velvet boots and donned a cozy green cowl-neck sweater. We visited the boy's Mom that day and checked out her new townhome, which was very spacious and nice. 

Last night, we decided to spend the last hour of 2017 at our favorite bar up in Summit Hill in St Paul. We really miss our old neighborhood and it was nice to see some friendly faces, even though our favorite bartender recently moved away but it's all good. The place was practically empty and I assume the wickedly cold temps kept most people home last night.

Still, we had some cocktails and a pizza and rang in the new year with a complimentary glass of champagne. So it could have been worse! At least I didn't freeze in my velvet leggings, sparkly top, and favorite black blazer. The edition of the boots helped, too! 



What did you do for New Years? Did you have a good holiday with friends or family? Let me know in the comment section below! 

Comments

  1. OMG your Christmas Eve dress is so pretty! I'm so happy velvet is back in again so I can wear it on everything lol. Also those boots are soooo cute!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts