K-Beauty Review - TONYMOLY Pureness 100 Pearl and Caviar Sheet Masks

Work stress is not kind on one's skin. And I've been noticing.

So last week I tested out two new TONYMOLY sheet masks - a Pearl Mask and a Caviar Mask. Strange, eh?



The Pearl Sheet Mask promised brighter and clearer skin and since my complexion's been looking a little dim lately, I figured I would give it a go while having a nice, luxurious soak in the bath.

These masks are made of 100% cotton so don't be surprised to find actually cottonseeds hanging out in the fibers. Fortunately, they didn't really affect the fit or feel of the mask - which could have been a bit more snug but still managed to evenly cover most of my face.

The Results: Definitely a bit brighter. But that might just be confirmation bias because I've also been using a fantastic Vitamin C serum from e.l.f. Still, the next day my eye circles didn't look nearly as dark as they usually do and there was more of a glow to my skin.


3.5/5 Would Recommend!



The Caviar Sheet Mask was one that I was admittedly on the fence about. Eating fish eggs? You got it! Putting their essence on my face? Uh....not sure I'm sold. But the smell was pleasant and my skin's definitely not been getting the nutrients it needs lately (Thanks pizza and beer diet!) so there could be no better time to test it out.

The fit and feel was about the same as the Pearl Mask, but I managed to sit up with it in place while watching half an episode of Korean drama Jugglers. <-- Check that out!

The Results: None, at least to my knowledge. My skin didn't really look or feel that much different and this morning I noticed I actually had a zit on my chin. Of course, that's cause my monthly hell-aunt is coming to visit, but it didn't seem to even make a dent in preventing the onset of that little face demon....

2/5 Probably wouldn't recommend.

Comments

  1. I've never heard of pearl or caviar masks. Sounds intriguing...

    Kathrin | Polar Bear Style

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were super new to me as well! I understand using pearl, because I've seen that ingredient in exfoliators before but caviar just doesn't sit right with me. Not that I should talk, I love using snail essence on my skin. XD

      Delete
  2. This is so interesting! I've never really thought about the material on masks, but the cotton sounds cool.

    Kim

    http://trendkeeper.me .. polka dots!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great review, thank you for sharing. I did the mud mask and was not happy with the result.
    http://sepatuholig.blogspot.com
    IG@grace_njio

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry you didn't have a good result with your mud mask - I've tried a few and I'm really picky with them myself! I prefer the all-natural ones. :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts