If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention edition...
1. So you've been hearing and seeing all the news coverage lately on children being separated from their families at the border and kept in cages like dogs? Feeling a little guilty and privileged in the wake of a nice Father's Day weekend? How you can fight family separation at the border.
2. Michelle Wolf airs some candid opinions on mental illness and the deaths of Kate Spade and Anthony Bourdain. Watch it here.
3. Child actress Millie Bobbi Brown was subject to homophobic pranks by so-called "fans" that led her to delete her Twitter account following a surge of hate messages. REMINDER, this is a CHILD. This bad ass young woman had this to say about bullying. Check it out.
4. These fashion and beauty brands are digging themselves quite the hole in 2018. If you support any of these brands, I would recommend reading up on some of their racist and rape apologetic stances. Frankly, I'm just surprised IPSY didn't make this list.
5. A gaming disorder? Really? Can't we just call these things what they are - addiction (which IS a disorder) and a lack of desire to operate within the real world? Hey, can't say I don't understand the appeal of living in a video game world. If I could jump into Gaia from Final Fantasy VII I would in a heartbeat.
6. Will it be a nice god? IBM's new AI is able to successfully debate with real people. I, for one, welcome our new robot overlords.
7. Friendly reminder that G*PSY is still a RACIAL SLUR - Italy threatens to take census of Roma people and expel non-Italians. People are rightfully outraged.
8. For a more light-hearted and intellectual finish, Alien languages might not be so different from ours, claims famed linguist Noam Chomsky. "ET phone home."