THE AESTHETIC TAG |KEEPING IT REAL|

a banner with text reading the aesthetic tag

Today's post features The Aesthetic Tag, created by Kara, and is all about the authenticity of your real and beautiful self. Thought I'd give it a try!



Rules:
1. Post the tag photo in the body of your post and copy the title of your post from mine
2. Tag at least three friends who you know enjoys being authentic and real or their blog seems to be that message.
3. Answer all questions if possible and if they don't apply to you, explain why.



↜↭↝

1. Post a no-makeup photo. Don't take and retake. You have one shot. It's so easy to take a photo over and over in a world of digital cameras, but before in the world of one step cameras and film, that just wasn't possible. Let's go back to that for a quick moment. It's OK. 


an unedited selfie a person with dark eyes and red hair

Oh look, it's a "just woke up like this" selfie. I've been posting them on Instagram in the morning and people seem to dig it. Dunno why, but I'm gonna make it a thing. My ugly mug gets more hits like this than when I'm actually (rarely) wearing makeup! 

2. The last song you listened to. 



I am loving everything from Warriyo lately. The little musical nods to his cultural heritage are great! 

3. A collage of pictures that show you. Pinterest is helpful in this or use your own. 


four images in a collage


4. One moment in your life when God was all you had. 

Real talk, I'm not a Christian. I wasn't even raised with a true belief in deity and I'm honestly not sure where I stand on working with any of them now, either. In the past, when I fancied myself a bonafide pagan, I would research the heck out of different pantheons of gods and goddesses, hoping one of them would call to me and they just never did. Which is totally fine! 

As a witch without a religious foundation, I've learned to rely very heavily on myself, my own willpower, and a belief in the greater, more esoteric forces of the universe. Do I call that God? No, but you're welcome to. 

5. Last picture you pinned on Pinterest (if applicable). If not Pinterest then last photo on instagram, last tweet on twitter, etc.


white background with black text when they told her her story was written in the stars, she went to the heavens and crushed each one with her bare hands, stars have no power over here, the night sky is now hers, and she will carve it with constellations of her own -- never tell a goddess her fate // k.s.


6. What is one thing your readers may not know about you?

I have an interesting relationship with anxiety - half the time I don't know what's making me anxious and the only reason I know I am is because I can't sleep, my heart's racing, and I have the most gut-wrenching stomach pains ever.  I wish my anxiety was more rational and that I could just "think" it away or use some deep-breathing exercises to calm down.

7. A Bible verse that helped you through a difficult time.

Again, not a Christian, so I actually had to go hunting for one that worked for me and didn't bog me down with too much religious dogma. I think this one is generally applicable and practical, so here you go:


Rise up, take courage and do it - Ezra 10:4

8. A book that impacted you greatly. 

Skulduggery Pleasant - bare with me, I know it's a middle-grade series. But this really reignited my love for dark humor and fantasy in fiction. It appealed to my inner Goth who always wanted to befriend a wise-cracking skeleton detective and learn how to do magic. ;)

9. Your greatest fear. 

I used to think it was abandonment, but I've been horribly alone before and to my delight it didn't bother me much. No, what I fear truly is being a captive in my own body and life, to be made someone else's tool or instrument, and to have my agency and autonomy stripped from me. 

10. A word or quote that describes you. 


beige background with brown text have a heart that never hardens, and a temper that never tires, and a touch that never hurts. - Charles Dickens


11. A fictional character you relate to deeply. 

Tifa, from the Final Fantasy VII Compilation.


a digital rendering of Tifa Lockhart, Final Fantasy 7 character


A bar owner by day and an eco-terrorist by night, Tifa has strong convictions about doing the right thing and fighting for what she believes it, even if it may cost her everything. She is devoted to the people she cares about and wants them to be happy and safe, but she's not afraid to kick a little sense into them either. 

12. If you could describe your greatest dream in one sentence, what would it be?

I would love to be able to travel to distant planets or cross dimensions into other worlds and expand my understanding of life in the universe and my place within it. 

Baring that, to just become a published writer and live life on my terms would be pretty swell, too! 

Comments

  1. This is such a great authentic post. It was great to find out more about you. I especially love the Charles Dickens quote.

    Kathrin | Polar Bear Style

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post! You should post more photos of you! You're very pretty! And girl.. Tifa in final fantasy is soo freakin hot. Such an authentic post! Thanks for sharing more about you! ;)


    Carina
    http://theagelessmillennial.com/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts