Weekly Food For Thought: 07/01/2018
- The European Parliament killed the Internet. I'm not joking - and as some of you are fellow bloggers, you should know about this and how it might affect the way you post and link back to other sites. Fan-fic and fiction writers, also beware.
- "Beauty means something different for everyone. It’s whatever makes you feel good," says Tess Holliday. She created the viral hashtag #EffYourBeautyStandards
- Lance Bass, former NSYNC boy band member, has some great tips for looking after your mental health, but can we stop centering the voices of white, gay, cis-males in the LGBT+ community?
- I am but a humble Upper Midwest resident and yet I resonate very much with this fresh take on what popular trends Southern girls are shucking and what they're donning instead. Allow me to tip my hat to that leopard print.
- Should St Paul, MN raise it's minimum wage to $15 an hour? With the same recent success in Minneapolis, St Paul now considers taking the plunge and the public weighs in. Not entirely sure how or if that would effect my pay just north of the greater metro, but $15 is more than I currently make. #jealous.
- The best picnic is one that features fresh and locally-sourced food, right? The City Pages has the hookup in Your Guide to The Ultimate Minnesota Picnic.
- I love the Guthrie - it's one of the best theaters in Minnesota and this summer it's featuring a very timely performance of West Side Story, with more depth and less finger snapping. So excited that I'll get to see this one!