My Skin Care Routine - Late Summer/Early Autumn

As we slide into August I've started to take stock of my current skin concerns and the routines or products that are either working for me...or aren't. As the weather begins to cool just slightly and that nasty humidity drops off, I start to focus a little more on moisturizing and less on SPF mania (thought that never truly goes away....)


I have combination skin, so I tend to be oily in some areas and fairly dry in others - and these differences seem so much more apparent and exacerbated during the hot summer months. Now that I feel my skin needs are more streamlined, here is my current skincare routine:

Morning

I'm not a morning person, so I've whittled my morning skincare routine down into something I can in between brushing my teeth and getting the coffee pot going. I start with a quick sweep of my face using micellar water on a cotton pad, followed with dabbing a few drops of the Primer Water into my skin. I roll the eye serum on while watching coffee drop and then follow up with a lip balm and SPF moisturizer before rolling out the door.


Garnier Micellar Water
Althea Korea Bare Essential Primer Water
Caffeine-infused eye serum
Burt's Bees Lip balm
Aveeno SPF 30 moisturizer


Night

At night I like to slow it down a bit and be mindful of how I'm caring for myself, so I'll start with massaging an oil cleanser on my face and down my neck. I let that sit while I do a bit of dry brushing and then rinse it off in the shower, where I follow up with my Contour Cleanser. After drying off and sorting out my hair, I apply the Primer Water and Fixer Cream. Once that has soaked into my skin, I dab a bit of eye cream under my eyes.


Burt's Bees Oil Cleanser
Althea Korea Bare Essentials Contour Cleanser
Althea Korea Bare Essentials Primer Water
Althea Korea Bare Essentials Fixer Cream
hydrating eye cream or retinol rescue overnight cream


Bonus 


If I'm feeling extra fatigued or up for a treat I might use a sheet mask (like this one from TONYMOLY) right after cleansing and before my other products.





Comments

  1. Those sheet masks look so nice, which is a reminder, I have one I wanted to do this weekend:)

    Laura
    Black Coffee Beautiful

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! Sheet masks are such a fun indulgence!

      Delete
  2. Thanks for sharing this. I've been thinking about adding a few more steps to my rather short routine lately and I'm looking for ideas.

    Kathrin | Polar Bear Style

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts