My Initiation into the Cult of Trader Joe's



I am very, very late to the magic that is Trader Joe's - this I can readily admit. I didn't grow up around this grocery store chain unfortunately - so now that I finally live in a larger metro area with more grocery store variety, I can safely say that after sampling our local Trader Joe's - I'm a convert.

After work tonight (and with a nice paycheck under my belt) I traipsed off to the local Trader Joe's to see what I could conjure up.







Autumn and Halloween products are in abundance this time of year, so I nabbed as man of them as I could find that I knew I would use - the Butternut Squash Mac & Cheese that everyone's raving about was on that last, as well as the Cheesy Spaghetti Squash Casserole. The Fuji Apple Spiced Cider wound up in the cart as well, since I love cider. In that vein, I also grabbed two cups of Apple Caramel Yogurt...they were out of the pumpkin flavor sadly.

And since it's the perfect time of year for baked goods, I grabbed a package of Cinnamon Chip Scones, Pumpkin Rolls and the oft-touted Pumpkin Bread & Muffin Mix.






And because it was ~long~ week and I didn't really feel like cooking anything, we decided to spring for a Trader Joe's frozen pizza and the BBQ Chicken Pizza seemed like an interesting choice. It definitely wouldn't have been my first one, since I'm not a huge fan of BBQ sauce, but I was pleasantly surprised at how good it was - if you're not gluten-sensitive I'd recommend it!


For good measure, I also grabbed a Tofu Spring Roll from their 'grab-n-go' section....I love spring rolls but I've never had one with tofu in it. Why not, eh?



What are you favorite things from Trader Joe's and what would you recommend?

Comments

  1. Wow, these all look so delicious. I actually struggle to find gluten free products where I am that don't taste like a mattress. This pertains to baked goods in particular.

    Kathrin | Polar Bear Style

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally understand - I'm not gluten free myself, but I have quite a few friends that are and I've experimented with gluten free pie crusts and bread. It's really a struggle finding something that's both tasty and has a good texture.

      I feel that Trader Joe's has some pretty solid gluten-free items though.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts