The October Blog Tag


Created by Oh Luna and snagged from Dorkface, The October Blog Tag seems like the perfect way to wrap up October and introduce myself to some of my newer readers. (Hello, new readers from the Twitter realm!)

LET’S START!


Name?
Michaela (or Mykki)

What is your favourite colour?
Gunmetal grey, burgundy, teal, or black.

What did you do today?
Sat around the office from 9-5 wrapping up whatever usually needs doing on a weekday, popped home for lunch (just leftovers) and after work I settled down my with Chromebook to make sure all my prep work for NaNoWriMo was squared away. Also watched an episode from Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

Where are you currently?
In the dining room, at my table. Where I'm usually sat.

What is your star sign?
Libra as my sun sign. Aquarius as my moon sign. They both, more or less, fit me.

Cake or Ice cream.
Goodness, can I pass on both? I don't really do sweets but if I have to pick - cake. Red velvet or carrot.

Frozen or Moana.
Never understood the hype over Frozen, but I watched Moana recently and I really enjoyed that!

A night in or a night out.
I spend most of my nights at home, being boring and domestic, so when I can afford to I love to go out and do something different. Even if it is just a chill endeavor, getting out the house is good for me.

Home cooked meal or takeaway.
Cooking is a favorite hobby of mine when I can actually afford groceries and have the energy. But I do love Little Caesar's pizza.

Pineapple on pizza or no pineapple on pizza.
While on the topic, PINEAPPLE BELONGS ON PIZZA! Fight me.

Books or films.
Geez, this is awkward. I'm a fiction writer and I love to read. But I have to say films. I'm a visually-oriented person!

Autumn or spring.
Autumn - my allergies dissipate, the bugs retreat, it's cool enough to sit outside and not feel like a pot roast in the sun. Also, Halloween.

Flowers or chocolates.
Flowers. In a pot, with dirt. 

Full fat or diet coke.
I don't understand the question. What is "full fat" soda? Is this a thing? It's all just sugar and carbonation....I don't drink any of it, to be honest. (Oh, it's a British-ism. My bad)

Phone or laptop
Laptop. It's only a Chromebook, but at least I have a screen big enough to see and a real keyboard. I can't stand texting - the touch-pad nonsense doesn't do it for me. 

What is your current favourite TV series?
Now that I have Netflix for the first time in forever, I started watching Penny Dreadful. Yes. Just yes.

What is your favourite thing to do in October?
Prepare for NaNo. Play with FX makeup. Meditate. Read spooky stories. Ghost hunt. Halloween/Samhain.

What is your current food to crave?
Mac and Cheese. I swear, I eat it maybe twice a year and I rarely crave it. Something about late autumn though....

Do you have any piercings or tattoos?
Ears are pierced. One tattoo on my left shoulder blade.

Are you an introvert or extrovert?
Proud introvert - forever and always.

What is your all time favourite Halloween film?
Hocus Pocus - I got a crush on Billy. "Zombae" for life! 

Name your top 3 favourite artists/bands.
David Bowie. Kidneythieves. Mr. Fijiwiji.

Have you got any plans for Halloween?
I've reserved the day off work to meditate, commune with the dead, and maybe do some spellwork. #witchlife

Do you have any fears?
Just the usual ones that come with being a vagina-bearer: rape, assault, victim-blaming, etc.

Do you believe in life after love?
Has anyone see her Vegas shows? I hear they were something else! 

Do you have any children? (or animals you treat as your babies).
Nope. Nada. Nyet. 

What do you want for your future?
To make enough money to be truly comfortable and financially stable. To publish a book or two. To finally live alone.

Be honest, why did you start blogging?
I'm not even sure I remember. I've had this blog since 2009 and I used it only sporadically - like when I had photos of an outfit I really liked or wanted to document my adventures as a weirdo in college. I think it was just a place to put my thoughts. For posterity.

What is your biggest achievement so far?
Gaining independence! For real though, I spent a good chunk of my early adulthood either being dependent on other people for housing and food or using whatever money I was making to pay for other people to not die in the ditch.

What are your ambitions with your blog?
I'd be happy to expand my reader-base and engage with you all more. Leave comments, let's have some discussions. Better photos might help too, I need a nicer camera.

If there is one thing you’d like to change about your blog what would it be?
My layout and header - I'm not a graphic designer though, so I'd have to find someone who can work with Bloggers limited coding functions to build me something a little more professional looking.

Have you achieved any blog goals you set out to do this year?
I didn't really set any goals, other than to be more active. And I have, so that feels nice.

Where do you want to be in 10 years time?
If I close my eyes and try to imagine something specific - I see myself in an old Victorian style home that's probably haunted, relaxing on a wrap-around porch with a cup of coffee, a blanket and a cat on my lap, and a thriving writing career. 

It's kind of far-fetched and impossible for someone in my position, but a gal can dream right?

What is your dream holiday?
I want to do a month-long Shinkansen (bullet train) trip in Japan. Starting up north (maybe Hokkaido), I want to take the bullet train, stopping in various cities along the way and checking stuff out and ending up near Fukuoka or Hiroshima probably. 

If you had an entire day to yourself what would you do?
Nothing. I would do absolutely nothing and it would be grand.


I'm not going to tag anyone specific, but please leave your comments/links below if you decide to do it yourself! 

Comments

  1. I discovered Penny Dreadful when it just wrapped up its first season and was a fan until the end (though I didn't enjoy that bit). It's generally one of my favorite shows though.

    Kathrin | Polar Bear Style

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My suspicions about Mr. Chandler recently came to light as I've been watching. I just knew he was a werewolf! Just knew it....

      Delete
  2. It was so nice to read your answers to this and learn a little more about you. I'm an introvert too.

    Nicola
    http://nicshealthylife.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts