Shopping Local: The Minnesota Edition


I believe in the importance of shopping local and giving back to your community. Shopping at local establishments or doing business with those who are part of that community is a great, but often overlooked, way to do this.

Today, I'm sharing with all of you SIX* businesses that are run by local women in the Twin Cities, MN. These wonderful creators and business owners are passionate and dedicated to their crafts - so check them out!

(*The exception here is Jennifer from Solid Gold Aquatics, but since I went to high school with her, I decided to include her also!)


Samantha Rei

"Samantha R. Crossland began her fashion design career with her label “Blasphemina’s Closet”, one of the first Lolita clothing lines in the US, in 2000. After closing “Blasphemina’s Closet” in September of 2013, she started anew with her new eponymous label “Samantha Rei”. “Samantha Rei” embodies the sweetness, femininity and attention to detail that has come to be expected from the designer."

Hitomi K

"The rebranding of "Hitomi K" established 2019 after closing the original brand "[damn]aged" in 2010. Hitomi K is a avant garde, dark concept clothing line."


Forefolk

"At Forefolk, we're passionate about showing respect for our planet and the people on it. That's why we're committed to offering products that are ethically made and sourcing high quality materials that have a low environmental impact. Each of our pieces are made by hand at our small studio in St. Paul, Minnesota. Our founder and designer, Erin, personally makes each and every piece."

Solid Gold Aquatics - not 'local'

"I’m Jennifer Lynx (Jennie) from Solid Gold Aquatics – a YouTube channel about goldfish and all the other pets in my life. After studying art and wildlife biology in college, I worked at a humane society in my home state of Minnesota before relocating to Florida where I worked in marketing and multi-media for an ornamental fish farm. These days, I’m happy to say that Solid Gold is my main focus!"


Carousel Macarons

"Every macaron you get is delicately hand made. I use the best quality ingredients for each flavor, making sure everything is fresh so you can taste the flavor in every bite. And most importantly, you will not find any preservatives in my macarons that may exist if you buy from a retail store."

Style Trolley

"Why a mobile boutique? Consider it a break from chain stores - style delivered to your neighborhood and local events. Picture it - your next ladies' night, great food, some fabulous wine ... and a high-end boutique with its doors open to only you and your guests. Pure bliss."


Between gorgeous clothing designs, delicious macarons, and ethical winter wear, Minnesota has a lot of fantastic small businesses and creators. What are your favorite local establishments to support and why do you love them so much?

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Comments

  1. My favorite way to support local businesses is by shopping for produce locally and supporting local farmers. When my health was in better condition, we would drive up to farms to get produce directly from the farmers, but now we contend ourselves with local farmer's markets.

    Kathrin | Polar Bear Style

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Farmer's Markets are great - I look forward to being able to blog about ours this summer!

      Delete
  2. i've never really shopped local, but I will def look into it. All of these six businesses seem interesting. I was especially interested by Samantha Rei. Thanks for sharing.
    -
    GABBY | www.gabbyabigaill.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Samantha is a wonderful person and a passionate designer - I'd definitely recommend her!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts