Beer Wall? Beer Wall - Taco Libre Enters The Ring in Saint Paul

Taco Bell ain't got nothing on this place. 


Taco Libre - a fixture over in West Saint Paul - opened up its new location in Lowertown a few months back and when I heard they had a beer wall full of self-serve taps, I had to check it out. Don't get me wrong, I love a good taco place, but I really did come for the beer experience.

Located: Near Wabasha and 5th in downtown Saint Paul
Hours: 10am - 9pm
Menu: Click Here




Brick walls and exposed duct-work don't really set it apart from any other establishment in Saint Paul that's trying to be cool, but Taco Libre made up for the bare bones aesthetic by installing a tap wall with more than 20 options to choose from - much of it craft beer. You can also pour yourself a pint-size Margarita and after a few of those, who's going to complain about the decor?

They have a variety of tacos, burritos, bowls, and something magical called the Machete that I haven't tried yet - you'd have to tag team that monster but I'm game if anyone wants to enter the ring with me.

My cohort that quiet evening ordered four different tacos because it's important to sample a variety of meats. I'm a sucker for Chipotle's burrito bowls, so I gave the Taco Libre edition a try and I was not disappointed - you'd better believe I finished the whole thing.



At the base of the staircase leading back up into the labyrinth of the Saint Paul Skyway is this lovely chalk artwork of a purple heart and some flora. I have no clue how it relates to tacos, but it struck my fancy enough for me to capture a photo of it.

Along the far left wall, above the dark red benches and tables, were an array of fascinating and almost grotesque framed art pieces - running the gamut from Mexican wrestlers to religious artifacts. Definitely worth checking out as you wait for your order.




Taco Libre opened in late April of 2019, so when I popped in on that Thursday night in May I was shocked at how empty the place was. There were very few Thirsty Thursday revelers, just a few tables occupied by students or families and a couple of lads camped near the beer wall. Smart move.

While I can't vouch for its activity levels now, it was kind of nice to have free reign of the place to snap photos and enjoy the quiet ambiance of what should otherwise be a pretty bustling space. I wonder what I'll encounter on my next visit....

And who's going to help me tackle the Machete??





Comments

  1. Really very happy to say, your post is very interesting to read. I never stop myself to say something about it. You’re doing a great job. Keep it up
    Find here my blog How to restore Salvage Car

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts