The Indecisive Nature of Libra


Libra is said to be diplomatic, harmonious, and a lover of all things beautiful. They value intelligence, high art, and often have refined taste. Curiously, they are the only sign represented by an inanimate object (the scales) and they function best at moments of stable equilibrium or balance.

That's what all these teen magazine astrology sections would have you believe, anyways, and there's probably some truth to it. I'm a Libra after all and while I can't mould myself to 100% of these so-called Libra traits...some of it is pretty spot on.

I try to see all perspectives and analyze or present them fairly. I am the least confrontational person you will ever meet. I have a particular aesthetic I am rather fond of and enjoy surrounding myself with the quirky things I personally find pleasing and yeah, maybe I spend just a little too much on Korean skincare products. 

Here's the thing about air signs though - we're flighty. And we're insanely indecisive. 

Do I want cream or sugar or both in my coffee this morning? Hmm, not sure. I'm feeling really under the weather today - do I still want to go out and socialize? I'll think about it later. Should I wear makeup today or just go bare-faced? I could go to the grocery store after work or put it off until the weekend...decisions, decisions.

You get the idea.


Everyone struggles to make decisions sometimes, but "decision paralysis" is nearly a personality quirk for us air signs. The problem isn't have too many choices - it's having two or more options that are all equally appealing and really not wanting to make a final choice.

Which is fine if this is just coffee we're agonizing over. (Because I can totally have all the coffee!) But Libra is also a people-pleaser and wants to keep everyone engaged and in her orbit. Basically, we're terrible at committing. To anything. Or anyone.

In summation: we want to have our cake and eat it, too.

What's funny right now is that I'm actually waffling over how honest I want to be about why I'm writing this blog post. Because I am struggling with decision paralysis at the moment and I really want to vent about it here. But one or more affected parties might end up reading it...

Decisions, decisions.


You see, I have a choice to make. But I feel as though I'm standing on a train platform - with two different trains headed for different but equally appealing destinations - and I can only ride one of them.

Well, I'm presuming I can only one ride one. In the meantime though, I've been wandering in and out of both trains to get a feel for what I like about each one of them. One of them is decidedly more welcoming than the other - with comfy upholstered seats and a lot of nice ammenities. This train also runs more frequently, which means I'm not stuck waiting around for it. The other train, while insanely elusive, feels more relaxed and travels to a much desired location. There's also better music booming out of the speakers.

How can I possibly make a decision? I might want both of them. But that's hardly fair now is it, because I can't expect one to wait around while I go on a trip in the other train. And unless I'm in two places at once (which most people have a difficult time wrapping their mind around) I can't ride both at the same time.

For those of you who haven't quite picked up on this yet, I am using trains as an analogy for specific people. If they're reading this, they likely know who they are. They were both featured in a previous blog post, after all.

 Confrontation is a hard thing for a Libra and sometimes confronting yourself and what you want is even more difficult. I don't know what I want right now and I'm terrified of making the wrong decision...so I'm putting it off.

Weighing the Pros and Cons

Overcoming decision paralysis is possible and you will feel better for it, fellow Libran.

1. Make a list - write out all of the pros and cons about the decision you're having difficulty with. I did this the last time I was stuck between two job offers. Laying out all the good and bad points about each option really helped to put it into perspective.

2. Take your time - some decisions are really important and you can't rush the process. If the thought of making a choice overwhelms you with anxiety, pick a date in the future to come back to it and resolve to have made up your mind by then.

3. Flip a coin - or leave it up to chance (or fate) in some other way. I can't tell you how many times I've done a quick tarot read to decide if I should do something or not. The act of giving up the choice to a perceived higher power can take some of the stress about "choosing wrong" away from you.

🌤☁🌨☁🌪

I sometimes feel as though I got the short end of the stick with the zodiac - I'm a triple air sign with Libra in Sun, Aquarius in Moon and Libra Rising - so I'm extra flighty, mysterious, aloof, and indecisive. Ouch. I'm not grounded like Taurus or emotionally open like Pisces. I'm not full of energy like Aries or meticulous like Virgo. I'm not amiable like Cancer or fierce like Scorpio.

Just a floofy little cloud over here, happily ignoring the impending darkness and then wondering how my life whirlwinds out of control so easily. Cheers!





Comments

  1. I don't think there's really a wrong choice when it comes to people since you never know how things will work out in the end even if you go with the choice that seems right in the time. Good luck with your decision though.

    Kathrin | Polar Bear Style

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a good point - you can't really know for sure. Maybe that's what scares me. ^_^

      Delete
  2. So true love! I get indecisive sometimes, I find that taking your time in making the right decision works better than being rushed. I think it's because you're more relaxed that way. Love your writing as always! Hugs! ��


    Carina Herren
    https://theagelessmillennial.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your lovely comment!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts