What's In My FabFitFun Summer Box 2020



FabFitFun is one of those subscription boxes that always seemed like it was absolutely not marketed or intended for people like me. I've tried a few subscription services in the past (like Ipsy and Birchbox) but never a "lifestyle" box and honestly, that was largely because I don't like having my home and style aesthetics dictated to me.

In the end, I'm glad that I gave FabFitFun a try because the customization options are a lot less limiting than I'd originally feared. It was reassuring that I was able to choose a few items for my box and felt confident that my overall personal profile would be taken into account.

There were a few misses in this first box, I'm not going to lie, but a lot of hits as well. Let's break it down:


FabFitFun is a seasonal subscription box that contains a mix of goods in a range of categories - from beauty and skincare to wellness and fitness to home decor and tech gadgets. Your eligibility to customize your box depends on the level you sign up for but before the box ships you are able to include add-ons from their shop that will ship with your seasonal box. What is available as a custom option or an add-on changes from season to seaon.

What's In My Box



Beauty

1Winky Lux Uni-Brow Universal Eyebrow Pencil
Retailing for $18.00, this eyebrow pencil claims work for all brow colors and after testing is on myself, I was surprised that it didn't appear too dark for my nearly blonde brows. The angled tip makes application super easy and it also has a little spooly on the end to soften any harsh lines.
2. MakeupDrop Hybrid Makeup Applicator
This $20.00 makeup sponge would not have made my list if it was one of the custom options, solely because I hardly ever wear liquid makeup like foundation or concealer. The silicone edge looks great for applying product and the sponge side is the texture you would expect from a beauty blender.
3. HydroPeptide® Moisture Reset Face Oil
Coming in a whopping $180.00 retail price, this might be the holy grail product in my summer box. I've shied away from using oils on my face, but this one smells so lovely and sinks into my skin nicely without leaving a greasy film. Worth it!
4. Spongellé Coconut Verbena Hand Cream
I don't think I've ever gone out of my way to buy an $18.00 hand cream but I'm so glad this was included in my box because it smells heavenly! The verbena balances the coconut perfectly and you wind up with soft skin and no harsh scent.


Lifestyle

1. TOMS Sydney Sunglasses
I've never spent more than $10 on a pair of sunglasses, but I am not complaining that this $58.00 pair made its way into my box - with matte black frames and a slight cat eye shape, I can see myself rocking these everywhere.
2. Silked Satin Pillow Sleeve
A satin pillowcase is probably more suited to someone with longer hair than mine, since its entire purpose is to keep hair and skin nice while sleeping, but it definitely felt luxurious to lay my head on. I'm not sure it would be worth the $29.50 they normally charge though...



Home & Decor

1. Issac Mizrahi Loves xo, Sienna Vase
This is a gorgeous vase for someone who adorns their home or office in soft, pastel hues. It's not me, unfortunately and this $28.00 home-goods item felt a little out of place in my box.
2. L*SPACE Tie Dye Towel
If only the beaches or lakefront parks were open this summer - I'd love to give this soft and hazy tie dyed beach towel a spin. This 100% cotton towel features a fun fringe detail and is large enough to stretch out on for some sun....or shade, if your skin-conscious like I am!

So that was my first ever FabFitFun box and there were a lot of items I think I'll really enjoy within it. I can't wait to see what's in next seasons box, since Fall is my favorite. I'm thinking...candles and tea and maybe some warm socks. <3

Comments

Popular Posts