Holiday Shopping for Goths



I don't know about you, but I tend to jump on the holiday shopping bandwagon pretty early in the year. It's not even Thanksgiving here in America and I'm already starting to think of ideas for what to give/make/buy for the holidays. 


Being a broke college student though, I can't really go all out and buy the people I love the latest new gadgets and tons of "in" stuff. So I'm trying to think of things that I can make for relatively cheap that will be of use AND still cherished as a delightful holiday gift. 


Problem is...most of the things I want to make tend to have a bit of Goth flair to it - black lace, skulls and skeleton keys, candy canes dripping with blood, stuff like that....and I know that not all of the people on my shopping list would appreciate something like that. 


Then there's the matter of people possibly trying to shop for me. I have my doubts about receiving anything for the holidays though, since my family is so disjointed these days an no one talks anymore. The people I AM still close with are having a ton of financial problems of their own. 


And this won't be the first holiday season that I spend without receiving any gifts, even though I make or buy some for others. And I don't mind that, really. Because the season isn't about being selfish and wanting a ton of new stuff and people seem to forget that. I like the atmosphere of the winter holidays, the sparkle and magic attached to it, and that it has a feeling of good cheer and inclusiveness. People either seem a lot happier and more polite or completely frazzled and rude. 


But enough of my incessant rambling....what do you like to get for your loved ones during the holiday season? And what do you prefer to get if people insist on shopping for you?


Comments

Popular Posts