Goth Challenge Week Four

32. My Best Deal







I can comfortably say that all of my best deals have originated in one tiny little Adventist run thrift store in downtown Buffalo, Minnesota. All of them. I guess the older generation of ladies in my little Midwest town once had a penchant for ruffly blouses, faux fur, and lace dresses. Because the items in all of these images came from that little store. The two blouses above are definitely two of my favorite finds - I can wear them with nearly anything. The sheer blouse looks great under dresses or layered over tank tops. The shiny short sleeved blouse is also great for under dresses, and I love tossing it under some of my simpler JSKs, but it's also great as a standalone item to dress up a simple pair of pairs or a skirt.




The cropped 1920's cut jacket looks like it's made of a shag carpet, but the softest and highest quality shag carpet. It's a difficult texture to describe. The inside has a lovely satin lining and I feel just gorgeous wearing it! It's also great for layering over dresses or my Lolita ensembles on a cool day.


Until this dress came along, I never really considered jumping onto the Mori girl bandwagon. But as soon as I tried it on, I knew it was mine. I just love the way it fits and layering it is SO MUCH FUN. But on a casual day, it's great to wear on it's own with a pearl necklace and hair fascinator.

In total, these items didn't even cost me $20. Yup, you read that right. I paid less than $20 for all of this combined. And this is high quality, vintage kind of stuff, you know? It's like I keep saying....the people here don't know the value of their old crap.

And boy, do I take advantage. :)


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts