Goth Challenge Week 10

Why I Don't Wear Goth All The Time:



Certainly, I'm not the first one to postulate this, but Goth fashion isn't always practical. Would I love to wear Victorian bustle skirts and frilly blouses on a daily basis? Sure! But that just doesn't work for me in my day-to-day routines. And sometimes....I just don't want to wear black.

I actually like color. I don't mind keeping up with the occasional fashion trends. And sometimes I just want to wear a swishy pink dress. 

Goth IS a big part of my existence. I wouldn't feel whole without it. But I am more than just Goth - I am so many things. I'm a romantic girl who likes flowy dresses and rain showers. I'm that chic thing with heeled boots and skinny jeans. I'm that casual summer bum in cut-off shorts and a peasant blouse. 

It seems though, that no matter what I'm wearing there is always something kind of dark or eerie about it. Why outfit could be all white but there'd probably some tattered lace and skull design somewhere. I could be in neutrals, but I guarantee my jewelry would be of a grotesque or macabre nature. None of this would be Goth, necessarily....but I still think those tendencies shine through no matter what.

So I don't need to dress like a Goth all the time to know that it's still an important part of who I am. And I don't need others to see my Goth-ness to validate it, either.



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts