Goth Challenge Week 14

Wardrobe Blunders! So many regrets, but so many laughs!


Back in high school, my friend Emily (who wasn't exactly a sharp dresser herself, back then) gave me a pair of her Tripp bondage pants. My badass sixteen year old self thought they were the most awesome thing ever. Now, I look back and cringe when I remember going to school wearing something that absolutely DID NOT flatter my body. 

The real kicker - I wore these for my senior photos. Yup....at 18 I am immortalized as a Hot Topic mall rat. Shoot me please?


I still have a soft spot for brightly colored fishnet, but good god...I really didn't know how to wear it when I was younger. And when you have MASSIVE BOOBS, fishnet doesn't exactly give you much coverage, if you know what I mean?


Of course, my biggest blunder was blowing almost $100 on a Hot Topic quality dress that touted itself as "Lolita" - it was a lace monster of epic proportions and there exist no photos of it anymore. Thankfully - the closest you can get to seeing it is this dress pictured above. Which is only slightly better....

What's the most cringe-worthy item that's ever sat in your wardrobe?

Comments

  1. I remember wanting a pair of those Trypp pants so much, back when I was a babybat :D I thought they were the coolest thing in the world XD
    Unfortunately many goth shops sell lace black dresses as "lolita dresses" while any lolita would scream in horror in front of them, 'cause if it doesn't reach your knee, it's not lolita :O

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, not only that - usually they have terribly scratchy lace and really wonky and bad fitting bodices.

      Delete
  2. I remember having a pair of tripp pants, lol what was I thinking? I have a few "lolita" items from hot topic, but they're alright otherwise(vintage looking and such, definitely not lolita though).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now that I think about it, I got my first mini top hat from Hot Topic. Still have it and still wear it. Guess it ain't all back huh?

      Delete
  3. Bondage pants, also. I also owned several cardigans that were absolutely horrible, with tartan in all the wrong places and an unflattering shape and whatnot. The most awful of them all was probably the bright purple tiger/zebra print cardigan I owned.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts