Goth Challenge Week 17

Favorite Goth Book and Film

First off, I'd like to say this is the last entry I'll be doing for the Goth Challenge. I'm just having a hard time keeping up with this one and some of this stuff, frankly, doesn't apply to me. I will continue with the Lolita Challenge on my other blog though, so keep an eye on that one!

Moving on....




Welcome to my home.

I'm not a huge fan of vampire literature or films, but Dracula is really the exception for me. I know a lot of people don't really dig the book (and it IS a bit wordy, even for the period's standards) but I adore it. Something about it just allows me to get completely lost on it. And as a linguist, I find the use of language in centuries past to be REALLY fascinating. 

Book aside, my favorite film adaptation is Francis Ford Coppola's - let's face it, Gary Oldman is great in every role he plays (Sid Vicious?) and his portrayal of Count Dracula is no exception. With Winona Ryder, Keanu Reeves and the ever disturbing Anthony Hopkins, the cast really helps give the plot some oomph.  



And the tragic chemistry between these two is just fantastic. It really paints the whole twisted "beauty and the beast" thing flawlessly. 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts