Playing with Pin-up

In an attempt to jolt myself into actually caring about my appearance this summer (and not lying around my messy bedroom in my underwear) I had a go at the pin-up style. This isn't something I've ever really entertained before and even though I found the whole rockabilly scene to be totally awesome, it's just not something I personally got into. 

Still, worth a go, since I have plenty of 1950's inspired clothing lying around my room right now anyways:





Equally fun was tinkering around with my tripod and trying to capture the essence of a Minnesota summer in the 50's. I did actually look at some of my grandmother's photos from the time to get a sense of things. So I did some playing around with filters and such to get an "aged" effect - which clearly varies depending on what I used.

I had fun curling my bangs and such too, even though they're still pretty short and YES! My hair is currently vampire red again. I love it - I really ought to stick with it.

Hope you're all having a good summer/winter thus far. 

じゃ ね

Comments

  1. I think you look cute :) It suits you. I was into the rockabilly scen ages ago but dropped out when it got too elitistic and I wasn't apparently elitistic enough :P I hope it is far more better were you are.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well there isn't really a scene here at all where I live, so I might be the only one rocking the look. But if I inspire a few people on campus to channel Marilyn Monroe or something, I'll be a happy camper!

      Delete
  2. Oh wow, that actually really suits you. But then again, if you're not going anywhere, what's wrong with lounging around in your underwear? XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For me, I feel more motivated to do things when I get dressed. And I haven't had much energy lately so....

      This dress up excursion really helped!

      Delete
  3. That look looks really nice on you :3 I've been thinking about doing something more pin-up/rockabilly inspired myself ^^

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, I've tagged you for a Blogger post project that's been going around; the rules and my own post are here: http://styleandgraphite.blogspot.com/2013/07/i-was-tagged-for-thing.html

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts