Beautiful Sounds Assignment


This was a challenge, to find something that I appreciated as a sensory piece free from other influence or bias. But I did come up with something....

Digital Dagger's Still Here:



Let's disregard the lyrics for a moment, (which ARE hauntingly beautiful) and focus instead on what we hear. A chilling ghost like vocality, somber piano, twinkling keys, a building crescendo, steady drums...

It's melancholy and nostalgic at the same time, a melody that appeals to me deeply. It's like a sad tale of lost love...

unknown 
 Takato Yamamoto
 Agnes Cecile
Ner-Tamin

There's such a strong sense of surrealism in all of Digital Dagger's music but I think this piece captures it the best.


Comments

  1. That is beautiful! I love the pictures too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely music, I never heard of Digital Daggers before! I might make a short trip to youtube to check wether I need to buy their album(s)... Thanks for introducing me to them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooooo, what a gorgeous piece of music! Thank you for sharing and giving me another band to explore. WAHOO!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts