I feel old now....

My current altar, simply decorated with ghosts and books and such.

On October 1st, I turned 28. I know, I know....I don't look it. Everyone tells me that, but I am starting to feel it. My joints ache more often than not and the dark circles under my eyes are more pronounced than they've ever been. But it's not all bad.

On Thursday morning, when I woke up, I kind of knew it was going to be a bad day. Most birthdays usually are, and this one was not too different. The boy had no money so even though we did venture out a bit and check out an antique mall and large thrift store, we couldn't afford anything and certainly weren't able to get food anywhere. It didn't help that he ranted at every driver that cut him off or maneuvered like an idiot on the road - I know he needs to get that stuff out of his system but his vocality of it still makes me uncomfortable.

I had to scrounge up whatever we could find in the fridge and make some food, and the evening might have been alright if he hadn't blown up at his dad about a simple question. In order to go cool off, he spent an hour out in the garage by himself and by that point I was already so miserable that I took a hot shower and crawled into bed. I just wanted the day to end so I could move on. 

He was still upset even after smoking, because he broke his piece and hadn't realized how long he left me alone in the bedroom, and trying to make it right he kept me up until 3 am to watch the old Buffy The Vampire Slayer movie. I pretended to be alright, even though I had a throbbing migraine and it took me hours to fall asleep afterwards.

Overall, I really AM just glad my birthday is over and I can forget the whole affair. His parents bought me a cake, even though I've expressed several times that I don't like cake, and so I'm trying to actually eat the damn thing so they don't feel bad. I'm sure once the boy gets paid he might try again to do something nice for my birthday, but I hope he just forgets about it and I can carry on with my stupid life now.

On a brighter note, let's look at a few of the cheap things I've acquired over the past month.

A skirt with a bicycle print from Goodwill, the original Buffy movie, two witchcraft books, and a free bag I scored at a garage sale. 

Comments

  1. Argh I'm sorry your bday was terrible. Bdays should be happy times. However you should be glad you're still in your 20s! :) (and yeah you don't look 28). I have overtaken the fateful age of 30 and though I still look 18 it is spooky. I wish you the best!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts