Alice Through The Looking Glass, first look!


Finally, the first trailer for Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland sequel has been released and the film looks even more colorful and imaginative than the last. This time, Alice returns to Wonderland through way of a mirror and her main antagonist seems to be Time. Her mission: Rescue the Hatter.

I'm going to be honest here and that's likely going to put me in a minority - I'm not a terribly big fan of Tim Burton, especially his more modern works. Dark Shadows tanked, as far as I'm concerned. He produced Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter as well...please don't waste your time on that film, it made my brain bleed.

But I did enjoy Alice in Wonderland - a story about Alice's second adventure in Wonderland and her imposed quest to defeat the Red Queen. It was a whirlwind of visual whimsy and the costumes were fantastic. Let's not forget a stellar cast either.

So I'm definitely looking forward to checking out the sequel when it premiers in May. Anyone else?

Comments

  1. Dark Shadows was very silly! I find that if I don't view the films as really connected to the books, I can get by my obsession with everything having to be the same and really enjoy these! After all, the first one is set years after the initial story when Alice is grown up. And I adore Mia!

    Of course, I am looking forward to the costumes and a possible Steampunk edge! We definitely don't get enough Steampunk movies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must admit I too did not like Dark Shadows that much and my anticipation for this next Alice film is quite mild. The first one was ok but not mind blowing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmph. Well, I'm not too impressed. I guess I'm a bit biased because I love the Alice books and am really tired of bad adaptations. Like Tim Burton's. Not a huge fan of him, either. Not anymore...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts