The Midnight Ballroom's "Witchy Questionnaire"

This lovely blogger, SEE HERE, posted this awesome questionnaire and answer combo on her blog, so I'm going to follow suit and do one of my own!

1. How did you discover your path?
~ That's a long and convoluted story that dates back more then ten years ago to early high school and a silly Ravenwolf book called Solitary Witch. It was really my first introduction into witchcraft as a real thing and while I Wicca ended up not sitting well with me, it was my first foray into uncharted waters....

2. How long have you been practicing witchcraft?
~ On and off for about ten years now.

3. What kind of witch are you?
~ I don't really define myself in that way, I simply AM a witch.

4. What specific path/tradition do you follow?
~ None, specifically, but I would say that I do align more closely with secular (no religious dogma) witchcraft than anything else.

5. Do you have any ethics or moral codes that you follow?
~ Yes, don't fuck with me or what's mine and nothing bad will happen to you.

6. Are you a solitary witch or have you worked with others in a Coven?
~ My variety of witchcraft and practices don't really align with the Coven mindset or lifestyle. And frankly, I answer to no one.

7. Do you practice divination? If so, what techniques?
~ I do fire scrying sometimes, but mostly I use my Faery oracle deck.

8. Would/Do you read for others? Why or why not?
~ I do, when asked. I've actually been thinking of charging a small fee for those services though. Divination can be tiring and draining....

9. Do you believe in anything supernatural/paranormal?
~ Of course, I've have numerous encounters with spirits and even work with them from time to time.

10. What are your beliefs on an Afterlife?
~ Only that there might be one....

11. Does your family/friends know you practice witchcraft?
~ Yes, I've been pretty open about it. I don't come from a religious background, so this wasn't much of a hurdle for me.

12. Do/Will you practice witchcraft and teach your children?
~ No, because I don't plan to children and honestly, if I did I would let them choose their own path when they're old enough to have that kind of spiritual understanding.

13. Matron Goddess (or goddesses you favor)
~ Well I don't really work with deity, but there are some that I respect for what they represent and do. Kali is one that spoke to me a long time ago. The Morrigan. Athena....definitely they are powerful, dark, and intelligent beings that most often resonate with me.

14. Patron God (or gods you favor)
~ At this point....Hades. He's a chill dude and probably one of few gods in the Greek/Roman pantheon who wasn't a wanton rapist. So cheers to that!

15. Favorite pantheons?
~ None, really. Like I said I don't work with deity and I often look at pantheons as very telling of the people and time in which they were worshipped. So from a historical point of view, pantheons are awesome and fun to learn about. But I have no connection to any of them.

16. What are your sun, moon, and rising signs?
~ Libra in sun, Aquarius in moon, and I have no clue what my rising sign is....I'm not huge into astrology

17. What's your element?
~ I've always felt very well aligned with the air element.

18. Favorite Season?
~ Autumn, hands down.

19. Favorite tree?
~ I've always been a bit fan of Weeping Willows. The Douglas Fir is nice too though.

20. Favorite flower?
~ Orchids. Or Elderflowers.

21. Favorite Gem?
~ Amethyst or Citrine.

22. Favorite color?
~ Rust. Bronze. Gunmetal. Black.

23. Favorite animal?
~ Corvids of all types - crows, ravens, etc. I also like foxes a lot.

24. What's your familiar?
~ I don't really have one. I have spirit companions, but I don't think they fit that descriptions.

25. Do you have an altar?
~ I don't, actually. I pretty much in whatever space is most convenient to me at any given time.

Comments

Popular Posts