A Spoonful of Sugar Helps the...Shampoo Exfoliate?!



Maybe you've heard of this or maybe you haven't...but a very interesting beauty tip just came across my dash and naturally, I had research the hell out of it to determine it's validity before sharing it with all of you.

New Beauty Hack: Add a spoonful of sugar to your regular shampoo.

According to dermatologist Julie Russak, adding sugar to your shampoo can be a safe and natural way to gently exfoliate your scalp to lessen the effects of itchiness and dandruff. It can also promote new cell growth and greater cell turnover, which can speed up the time it takes to grow your hair out as well.

Since I'm in the process of growing my hair out, I'm going to give this little trick a go for about a month and see what happens. If nothing else, maybe my scalp will be a little bit less prone to oil production and itchiness. At best, the rate of hair growth doubles - we'll see.

Have you ever used a scalp exfoliator? What tips and tricks do you have to relieve an itchy scalp and improve hair health?

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts