I DON'T find older men attractive.

There's a popular adage that says men age like fine wines - the older they get, the more refined and attractive and sexy they are. Just look at George Clooney or Sean Connery - wait, are these two a little bit TOO old for the millennial crowd to be on board with? Um, how about Johnny Depp and Tom Hiddleston then?



Unpopular opinion time: I don't really find older men attractive. And to be perfectly honest, I don't find people MY age to be attractive either. There's something strange that happens when you reach your late twenties or early thirties and I've noticed this is especially true for the lads.

They start to look really, really, really....boring.

And I'm not just talking about their appearances either, although that's a large piece of what happens. But their personalities become incredibly dull. Do they stop knowing how to have fun? Do they stop being interested in stuff? What exactly happens?

How does one go from having a spirited debate about life after death to thinking that exchanging views on reverse mortgages is fun? Where's the passion? The lust for life and adventure?

I can't seem to have interesting conversations with people my age anymore, but especially with men. I want to talk about literature and how it's relevant to modern society. I want to talk about the impact of global conservation. I'd love to chat about the nuances of the paranormal vs supernatural. I have virtually no interest in talking about work, rent, road construction, vacation plans, or seeing photos of your dog/kids. None.

I'm going to back-track a little here.

There's this kid that rides my bus every morning - maybe he's in high school or maybe he's in community college. I really can't tell. But he has really neat hair - he sports an afro mohawk. How many dudes in their late twenties or early thirties do you see experimenting with their look and trying out a brave or interesting hairstyle? What's that, you say? Zero.

That's the answer I'm getting too. Maybe my expectations are just too high - but I don't really find conventionally cropped hair to be very exciting. I could say the same things for cargo shorts, pink polo shirts, and Adidas sandals.

I'm having an epiphany here -- hold on! I understand now. The reason that I don't find men around my age to be even remotely attractive anymore - is that they all look like dads.

Comments

Popular Posts