MN State Fair 2017 Highlights



Things We Did or Tried at the State Fair This Year:


  • LiftBridge Mini Donut Beer
  • Bigwoods Brewery Chocolate Chip Cookie Beer
  • Cajun Seasoned Alligator w/ Hush Puppies
  • Arabian Nights Fun House
  • French Meadow Peach Filled Scone and Coffee
  • Ghost Pirates Kiddie Ride
  • Big Ferris Wheel Ride
  • Quebec Style Poutine (it wasn't really....they used chicken gravy)
  • Ye Olde Mill Ride - it's 102 years old now!
  • Smoked Pork Chop on a Stick
  • George Clinton the Parliament Funkadelics (free show)








The State Fair is not my favorite activity of the year in Minnesota, so it's kind of an institution and they always have new things to try and eat - I almost always get the smoked pork chop on a stick because it's SO GOOD and you need the protein when you're doing that much walking. The scone and organic coffee was new, but it was the perfect pick-me-up for the mid-afternoon. I could have been more impressed with the State Fair beer selection - especially since some of the flavors were brewed for the fair only.

Overall, it was an okay time but I think I've had my fill of state fairs for the next decade. :)

Comments

Popular Posts