Tin Whiskers Schottky Pumpkin Ale - it's here!

I'm a voracious consumer of good beer - and I absolutely count my lucky stars that I live in Minnesota where we have a never-ending influx of craft brewers and seasonal ales. I'm also the type to get an EARLY start on autumn. Like...August early.

So naturally, when I discovered that my favorite bar in St. Paul (Fitzgerald's) had Tin Whisker's Schottky Pumpkin Ale on tap already, I was ecstatic and had to try it!




This ale is, in my opinion, the holy grail of pumpkin ales. And believe me, I've tried a lot of them in the past few years. I've even brewed my own pumpkin cider wine in the past - that's how over-the-moon I am about this flavor in brewing.

Most pumpkin ales and porters tend to be cloyingly sweet and leave behind an artificial aftertaste not unlike what you might find in Starbuck's Pumpkin Spice Latte (not a fan of that one, believe it or not!) - but Tin Whiskers manages to perfectly bottle the elusive flavor of true pumpkin pie.

The pumpkin flavor is light and crisp, balanced well with hints of cinnamon and nutmeg and notes of malty goodness that simulate the sweetness of brown sugar. It's definitely going to be one of my favorites this year and hopefully sets the stage for even more wonderful fall beers to emerge.


Are you a fan of pumpkin-flavored brews or you do prefer to just stick to regular beer?

Comments

Popular Posts