My Spooky Apartment Decor


Over the weekend, I took the time to install and arrange my meager Halloween and "spoopy" decorations. Behold.


This is Paul Emer (polymer, har har) - our most recent Target acquisition. He stands approximately 4 ft tall and is fully poseable, so naturally we sat him on an amp, dressed him in a rocker t-shirt, and he now wields an untethered bass neck for a weapon. Pretty badass.


On my dresser in the bedroom, I arranged my two haunted porcelain dolls (who called to me from an over-cluttered Goodwill shelf two years ago), a stuffed cat, and a little black jack-o-lantern.


Near a window, I have placed a book about haunted houses and atop that rests a plastic black cat, my favorite candle holder (complete with lavender candle) and a pair of skeleton hand hair clips.


This is fairly self-explanatory. The receipt held between the skull's teeth was for an "Ibanez bass carcass" - seemed appropriate. :)


Living room - it seemed fitting that the Phantom of the Opera would reside in front of my television and oversee (or approve/disapprove)  all October media.


On the bookshelf, in the living room....Spooky candle holder, fake pumpkin, a cutesy bat plush resting on top of Bram Stoker's Dracula.


And of course I couldn't neglect my kitchen, so in the small window near the sink I placed a painting my partner's sister did once upon a time and two little ghost figurines. Simple, but effective.

Do you decorate for Halloween? If so, what kind of decorations do you enjoy and do you follow a theme?

ALSO! HAPPY FRIDAY THE 13TH!!!

Comments

  1. It looks great! I suck at decor! I haven’t even got the rooms looking how I want them, let alone decorating before Halloween is over! :p

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts