Blogstice 2017: December 7th



Okay, first thing's first: what the heck is "blogstice?" Well it's a written blog iteration of vlogstice - which got its start as a Youtube tag for new age and pagan 'vloggers' to make videos throughout the month of December regarding the Winter Solstice or Yule. A festive alternative to daily Christmas posts, I suppose.

Since I no longer regularly operate my Youtube channel - I thought I would do this in written format on this blog here. I don't often post about my witchy nature on this blog, but there are so many festive winter holidays that are NOT Christmas, that'd I be remiss if I didn't try to do at least one of them justice.

The Winter Solstice is my jam. For real. It's a day when number of light hours is balanced with the number of dark hours, signaling a return of the sun and a promise of warmer days to  come. It's a festival of light - candles, fairy lights, bonfires, the open hearth - and celebration of family and the cooperation needed in a community to survive the harsh winter together. It's a holiday of music, laughter, fun, and food.

Very much like Christmas - since so many of our modern holiday traditions and symbols stem from a variety of pagan cultures that observed the Solstice in one form or another.

🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄

So what can you expect from this Blogstice 2017? Regular holiday related posts - ootds, recipes, decoration ideas, historical facts and celebratory tidbits - with a decidedly less Christmasy-bent. Cheers!

Comments

Popular Posts