Blogstice 2017: Holiday Wardrobe Palette


❆ ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆

So I've never been a fan of the whole capsule wardrobe thing - it feels very restricting and frankly, only works for those with a more 'minimalist' sense of style. Which is all well and good if that's your thing, but it's not mine. Not even close. I'm like, the dictionary definition of eclectic - especially when it comes to clothing choices and style preferences.

But when it comes to the holidays, and knowing how to dress for them, having a wardrobe color palette can be super helpful.

What does this mean, though?

It means choosing a handful of colors that you like to wear (or in this case, prefer for the holidays) and sticking with 'em.


❆ ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆



My holiday palette colors are decidedly traditional - there's just something really nostalgic about red and green for the winter holidays, but I'm not a fan of straight up primary or secondary colors. Why should I be - when there's a whole plethora of tints and hues to choose from?

1.) I'm all about my blacks. It's the most basic of neutrals and goes with, literally, anything. And it looks decidedly decadent in different textures, let velvet or satin. And it can be very sharp in a structured texture like suede or (faux) leather. 

2.) The second neutral is grey or silver. Against an otherwise dark or sumptuous palette, a little hint of silver sparkle or bold metallic can really take an outfit from understated and classic to dazzling. 

3.) Green is great - it's the color of tall trees, frozen pine and spruce boughs, and a reminder that the earth is still teeming with life underneath all the layers of frost and cold. I prefer to opt for a darker, richer hue like emerald or forest green. 

4.) I feel that red is a jarring color - it is full of vitality, passion, and sometimes...anxiety. I don't do bright reds. Same story with orange. But I adore deep reds and burgundy, especially if it's teetering on the edge of violet. 

The good news is, all of these colors can pair well in one outfit, depending on how you balance them. 


❆ ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆

What colors do you enjoy wearing during the winter holidays? Do you stick to something festive and traditional or do you prefer to mix it up with different shades and hues? Let me know in the comments below!

Comments

  1. This holiday palette is perfect! I feel everyone goes too much into the red during the holiday season when pine green is a much more delightful color!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts