Five Dresses in Five Days

There's something I really love about dresses - they're pretty, elegant, sharp, classy, and all other manner of potentially feminine adjectives but what I lost most about dresses is how darned easy they are to coordinate into passable outfits - especially at work.



So my challenge this past week was to wear a dress every day - all week.

Monday:
On Monday, I wore my new button-down shirt dress with the embellished collar. This dress is actually sheer, so I had to wear a black slip under it - I'm looking forward to coordinating this with all manner of different colored leggings and under layers to really play it up this season!




Tuesday:
Tuesday morning was also uncharacteristically warm, so I again opted for bare legs. I wore my favorite cream blouse with tie-front under a simple LBD and my favorite strappy flats. My hair was a little wonky this morning, so it went up into a classic half-up, half-down style.




Wednesday:
Interpreter Orientation day at work called for something a little more comfortable and classy, so I wore this festive burgundy number with a matching scarf and a pair of cotton leggings. Suede booties kept me comfy on my feet.




Thursday:
I needed something cheerful to wear because I was feeling a little under the weather when I woke up. So I opted for this cheerful mixed print dress, dropped my favorite beige cardigan over it, and finished it off with black tights and metallic bronze boots. Voila~




Friday:
It's December 1st, so I needed to wear something kind of festive! This new (thrifted) green dress looked fab with my black velvet leggings. It's the perfect outfit to transition from work to play - since I took the boy out to dinner after work and then we hit up a house show featuring some of our favorite local musical acts.




Saturday:
I fully intended to wear another dress today, but to be perfectly honest I was too hungover to even want to get dressed for most of the day, so this is all you get! I hope you're all having a fantastic weekend! 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts