March in Review + Some of my favorite things...

This post comes as an inspiration from Smaggle, an Australian blogger whom I love that couldn't be more different from me so her insights are incredibly refreshing. Her recent blog post focused on what her month has been like and what she's up to, so I thought I would do a similar take on it, since the Ides of March have done me quite a number....



Feeling: Incredibly stressed out lately. I've got some work projects that are overwhelming me lately and some things happening at home that need to be sorted out. This stress has even started to affect my health. No bueno.

Wanting: To take a vacation somewhere nice. Like Bora Bora. Or the Dominican Republic. 

Cooking: A lot of curry. Like seriously, in just the last two weeks I've made an Indian-inspired coconut curry chicken dish and just last night I made Japanese-style curry with rice.

Drinking: Aloe Vera juice! It's such a great spring and summer drink - very refreshing and while I don't normally like pulp in my juice, I actually love the texture of the aloe vera plant.



Watching: Radio Romance - a Korean drama that started airing in January and just wrapped up. I'm almost to the last episode and it's honestly starting to lose me a bit. Why do they always start off so fun and hilarious and kind of take a dive into this really melancholy shit where no one communicates and everyone's dark secrets are revealed?

Reading: This actually pains me to admit a bit, but I haven't been reading anything lately. Unless project proposals count, but I don't think they do? I miss books.

Looking: Forward to warmer weather. We're having these teaser days of bright sun and 50° temps and then it plummets back to mid-30s and gloom. It even snowed on the spring equinox. How frakked is that?!

Deciding: On where to move this summer. Our lease is up in July and we are pretty adamant about getting out and finding a better (read: safer) neighborhood and nicer digs. I crave a dishwasher in my kitchen. You have no idea...

Enjoying: The new computer in my office. The company is upgrading all the computers and operating systems in our department, so we've got these brand spankin' new towers with Windows 10. It's a bit of an adjustment but I'm liking how much smoother everything runs now.

Wondering: I'm the one always being treated like the scapegoat for things that go wrong in my department. I get called out for minor infractions when my coworkers repeatedly break the rules and leave early with little to no reprimanding.



Buying: Very little in material goods, but quite a bit in groceries and food delivery. I discovered the convenience of both Instacart and Doordash recently, but their delivery fees aren't exactly too affordable for regular use. Looks like I'll have to resume my weekly trips to Cub Foods.

Hoping: My partner doesn't lose their job. They haven't been performing as well in the field lately and management appears to be holding an ax over their head, so that's caused a lot of stress and tension at home. And drinking....and yelling...and fighting. *sigh*

Worrying: About the current state of my health. All this stress and fatigue has caused a flare-up in my GERD so I've been having excruciating heartburn for days now. I even started taking Omeprazole to combat it.



Wearing: Light fabrics and brighter colors. I'm only just now (at 30) coming around to the idea of a crisp white top. I've always found them to be boring, but if I play with silhouette and sturdy fabrics I can get some interesting results. Bonus: It's work appropriate.

Disliking: Current affairs. The White House is in flames. The Senate and Congress are flailing around like hyper-active preschoolers and the alleged-president is that one school bully who cries as soon as you call him on his shit. | School shooters being treated as mentally ill "lone wolf" kids who need help instead the angry entitled white male terrorists that they are. Ban AR-15's, other semi-automatic weapons, and lock up these pricks. | This one is minor in comparison, but I still dislike it - not getting compensated fairly for the work I do.

Hearing: Arctic Monkeys - R U Mine? 

Comments

  1. I'm sorry to hear about your stressful month. I hope everything works out!

    Kathrin | Polar Bear Style

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a really cool idea!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never tried aloe vera juice and it sounds tasty
    Great march faves!

    Much Love,
    Jane | The Bandwagon Chic

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am glad to be one of the visitants on this outstanding internet site (:, thank
    you for posting.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts