April in Review + Some of my Favorite Things



Feeling: Incredibly sick of the cold! Hopefully, we've experienced our last snowstorm of the season here in MN and it's only spring weather to come. 

Wanting: So there are two things you should know about me. 1) I have a hard to find bra size. 2) I hate spending more than $20 on a bra. So I've been wanting a couple new 32D bras that are functional, affordable, and most of all...comfortable! The search is still on.

Cooking: Pasta salads. I must be experiencing some severe warm weather deficiency or something - I don't even like pasta salads. But the other day I used some leftover bow tie noodles and tossed 'em with olive oil, pesto, spices, and diced tomato and feta. It was actually pretty good. 

Drinking: Caribou Coffee's Mango Smoothie. I go back and forth on whether I love mango or hate it. Right now, I love it. If you're lucky enough to live in a part of the U.S. that has more Caribou Coffees per square inch than Starbucks, get yourself one of these! 

Watching: This UH-MAAAZZIIING Pastel Goth transformation from Glam&Gore



Reading: Some fun new blogs. Shout out to Gen Y Girl, Wit & Delight, and The Dainty Squid! 

Looking: For nice two bedroom apartments in West Saint Paul. We went to a showing for one complex a few weekends ago and I fell in love. But they're not sure yet if they'll have any open units for June or July. I'm keeping my fingers crossed! 

Deciding: On whether or not I want to cancel my ipsy subscription. I already changed my membership to receiving a bag every other month instead of once a month because I keep getting items I don't really use, like blush or liquid lipstick. Here's hoping that June's bag is mostly sheet masks and summer skin care. 

Enjoying: The awesome Beauty Shield line from e.l.f - I've been using their Vitamin C serum (smells soooo good) and the Beauty Shield tinted moisturizer with SPF 50. I don't even need a foundation, this moisturizer is the perfect base for my usual weekly (minimal) face. 



Wondering: How much overtime can I work before I totally burn out?

Buying: I caved and bought two new bras from Target. What can I say? I'm cheap - but they had my size! And I'm actually quite amazed at how comfortable they are - the nude one is perfect to wear under almost sheer tops, as well. 

Hoping: That I will continue to blaze through my sci-fi novel. I've been on a roll with my streak lately, getting into the meat of the story (I never write in a linear fashion) and I can only hope I don't fall back into another bout of awful writer's block! 

Worrying:  About whether or not my partner will find a new job soon. We need to move this summer and that's going to be incredibly hard on one income, if at all possible. I just don't want them to find a gig that they hate and continue to bring home the same kind of anger/stress that caused them to abandon prior employment....

Wearing: Jumpsuits! I'm currently really in love with them - more seasonally appropriate than a dress (it's still cold as check in MN!) but just as simple and fulfilling!

Disliking: Audits! We're performing a couple of them at my job right now and nobody likes being audited. Well, we don't like getting angry phone calls from people being audited either! 

Hearing: The new song In Flames from Digital Daggers



Comments

  1. I love wearing jumpsuits too.
    Looks like you had a great April

    Much Love, Jane | The Bandwagon Chic
    New Vlog Entry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like an eventful month. Congratulations on the progress with your novel!

    Kathrin | Polar Bear Style

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you have had a great April! The mango smoothie sounds so good, I have to try it. Hope that you will get a new job soon!

    http://whatmakesmesmileblog.com/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts