BIRCHBOX August 2018 Unboxing + Review


Okay, I'm seriously amazed at how quickly Birchbox ships their stuff out - I got the notification that it shipped a few days before it arrived. That's amazing...(I'm used to waiting on two weeks for ipsy!) And I love the pink box it arrives in - when the office hands it to me I already know exactly what it is. No mystery boxes here!

So let's crack 'er open and see what we've got:





The contents of my July Box include: Oribe Featherbalm Weightless Styleramika Phantom Hydrating Dry Shampoo FoamBorghese Advanced Fango Active Mud MaskDOUCCE Cheek BlushBirchbox Kabuki Brush



Oribe, we gotta talk. You have one of the best hair product scents I've ever come across, but I'm gonna give it to you straight. I don't think any of your products actually work. I've tried your dry shampoo, your beachy wave spray and now this one. All of them just weigh my hair down and make it super greasy. Not a good #lewk. 

And for an average price point of $90 full size, no thanks.


Since we're on the topic of scents, can I just say that I absolutely hate the scent of this amika dry shampoo? Nevermind the fact that a "hydrating" dry shampoo really doesn't make any sense to me and you've got yourselves a hair product that is a whole pile of WTF. 

I used it on my hair this morning and by midday I felt like a grease ball. I guess dry shampoos work about as well for me as Oribe products. Welp! 


Finally, a product for which praises I can gladly sing! I'm not sure I'd even heard of this brand before, but I was surprised by not only the sample size (I can get at least few legit uses out of this mask) but the scent was pleasant and the consistency was smooth, even though it dried really fast. 

My skin felt really smooth and clean afterwards. Don't let the pea soup green color fool you, this one's pretty awesome. 


doucce - I like your eye shadows. But that's really the only place I can get away with the bold colors you seem to slip my way. This blush has a wonderful finish and is nicely pigmented but it's really just too dark for my ghostly complexion. And I already have a lot of redness in my cheeks!

Luckily, I know the perfect person to pass this one on to. 


Who would have thought that my favorite item in this month's Birchbox would up being this tiny kabuki brush? It's literally the perfect size and the bristles are very soft, making it the ideal for sweeping powder all over the face or maybe just on the cheeks.

I can see myself getting a lot of use out of it! 


What have been your favorite beauty products this month?



Comments

  1. It's too bad you didn't like as many products this month. This doesn't really count as a product since I bought a no-name local organic version, but I've recently discovered mango butter which my skin loves.

    Kathrin | Polar Bear Style

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts