OOTD: Lime Green Popsicle


So I got a hair cut! These photos were actually taken the morning before that happened and looking back, I can see how frizzy and nasty those split ends were. Here's the issue though - I'm not in love with the cut I have. Sure, the split ends are gone and it looks sleeker, but I'm just not *happy* with it.

I went into Fantastic Sams after work on Friday and maybe it's because they were closing up shortly after my scheduled cut, but I felt like my hair stylist was rushing a bit - she barely even wet the back of my hair to trim it let alone the front. I wanted a sharp line - shorter in the back and longer layers in front - an angled lob if you will. 

Is that what I got? Nope!

I got home and the boy was like "Did they even cut your hair?"




And here's the thing: I'm a very non-confrontational person in real life. On the internet, I fire back at all the trolls, no holds barred. In person, I tend to be reserved. And let's face it, it's almost impossible to tell what a cut really looks like without being styled. (and if you still have the stupid black salon cape on!)

But even after straightening it and parting it a few different ways, I have to concur: not much of a difference and nowhere NEAR the level of angling I was, well, angling for!



So I'm going back in the morning for an ombre-balayage sort of color thing - and since the boy is coming with me I might feel bold enough to bring up the fact that I'm not pleased with my cut. Maybe they'll fix it for free. Or maybe they'll just give me a discount on my foils. Who knows.

Stay tuned for more wacky hair adventures!

Before/After

Comments

  1. I think you look great, but if it's not what you wanted, I can see how that would be disappointing. I've had so many haircuts I didn't like over the years and I can sympathize. It's quite an unpleasant feeling. I hope you get it fixed to your liking.

    Kathrin | Polar Bear Style

    ReplyDelete
  2. To me, your hair looked and looks very pretty both before and after your haircut. Best wishes for your ombre-balayage colour treatment. I'm sure it will look even more pretty after you have styled it yourself, and, of course, it will grow back out. Time does have a tendency to fly. I also like the OOTD you styled. You look pretty.

    https://full-brief-panties.blogspot.com/2018/08/national-underwear-day-2018-panties-in.html

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts