Closing Out Summer 2018...and Looking Ahead to Fall




Feeling: It's like summer just passed me by...there were no BBQs, no rooftop happy hours, no beach-side vacations,  no lazy days lounging by the pool or getting Instagram-worthy ice cream. Major FOMO vibes over here - I had to work so much this summer that I barely had energy or time for anything else.

Wanting: I want some new bras, no joke. And I'm finally reaching a point where I'm willing to dole out $60 a bra to make sure I get something that's going to last a few years and actually fit me properly. Yes, Target - your online-only 32D bras are okay but they're not that great. It's either this, or I start a crowdfunding campaign for a full breast reduction. I know which would make me happier, but alas it's not the more affordable option.

Cooking: Salmon! I've had a love-hate relationship with fish my whole life and this probably dates back to long (agonizing) hours spent in a boat with my grandfather trying to catch sunfish. Gross. But I can admit to liking some seafood and I'm a sushi-lover, so it was high time I came around to salmon in it's cooked form. I've been prepping it with red pepper for extra zing and flavor.

Drinking: I am, admittedly, very late to the rosé  trend. I don't drink much wine - I just don't like it. You will never see me with a glass of red. I'm very picky about my white too - not overly dry but not terribly sweet either. Bonus points if it's bubbly. The rosé  wound up being a nice middle-ground.

Watching: Any and all things from Glam&Gore's Mykie, but also her good friend Spankie Valentine from SWOOP. They are #amazing.



Reading: The Kiss Quotient by Helen Hoang. Check out my in-depth review here!



Looking: These particular articles from Teen Vogue caught my attention, all for different reasons:

The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina - and the Exorcist!

It's not OK to appropriate Mexican culture

Gunne Sax may be a thing of the past, but the prairie boho look is making a comeback!

Deciding: I can admit that my relationship is dead. My ex - not so much. And it doesn't help that we still live together and he wants to do everything in his power (which admittedly isn't much) to convince me to annul the breakup. So I have some decisions to make in the coming year about living arrangements and independence and moving on....it would be nice if we were on the same page.

Enjoying: The weather is slowly creeping into something resembling autumn - with cooler days, crisp mornings, lots of gloomy rain clouds, and the transition of summer produce to root veggies at the Farmer's Market. I'm ready. My body is ready. Bring on the Harvest!

Hoping: That aliens beam me up soon and I can go on some grand adventure, "main character" style!

Worrying: I'm genuinely afraid that I might fall back into a really deep depressive slump and no one will notice and that I'll just fade away....

Wearing: OTK boots. I found this awesome pair at Goodwill for $12. Absolute score.



Hearing: This fun song from Unknown Brain!


Comments

  1. I'm sorry about your relationship, but it's great that you're ready to move on. Wishing you all the best.

    Kathrin | Polar Bear Style

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts